Goods Consolidation Service
We combine domestic and international movement to drive the extra value for your business.
Inland transport covers all land transport activities, i.e. all means except air and sea. Therefore, it includes road, rail, inland waterway (passenger and cargo) and pipeline (cargo only) transport.
Inland shipping is an important partner for ocean freight, and with Jikeship, you can get a range of high-quality multimodal services. You can simply add our inland logistics tracking service to your booking through our platform.
What are the different inland transportation methods?
Depending on your location, a particular mode of transportation will be best for you. So let's take a look at the different modes of transportation you can choose from when adding inland logistics tracking to your booking, we recommend you based on your geographic location:
- Truck: Freight trucking is a flexible end-to-end service ideal for short- to long-distance container shipments across various geographic areas.
- Rail: Rail coverage can meet your transportation needs at a higher capacity - perfect if you need to move your cargo quickly.
- Barges: Inland waterway transport by barges is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution. Your cargo can reach areas where larger ships cannot.
To find the right shipping method, trade route and price, all you have to do is contact us and you are ready to go. If you have further questions about our services, you can find out more about our inland centralized transport services on our dedicated services page.
Advantages of inland transport
- Single point of contact: You don't need to be in touch with multiple suppliers. We do the work for you because we have an extensive and flexible supplier network.
- Simplified billing process: When booking inland shipping with Twill, you will not receive a separate bill, but everything will be included in your bill of lading, a single invoice for ocean and haulage services. This means increased ease of use for you.
- Door-to-door service: you can book your goods from one warehouse to another and ensure flexible and transparent end-to-end logistics.
- Time-saving end-to-end process: You can simply add inland shipping to your ocean bookings as well as customs services. Covering truck, rail and barge, our inland services are designed to deliver your cargo to its final destination with fewer handovers and a simple end-to-end approach. This can create opportunities for your business to partner with a Maersk-owned freight company.
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly service: Sustainability is important to us and our customers. We are focused on sustainability and are developing solutions to limit our impact on the environment.
Inland transport is an important partner for ocean shipping. The shipping mix guarantees your efficiency and potentially better deals, so you don't have to deal with many logistics providers. Combine ocean and inland transportation to improve logistics efficiency